Tests & Assessments
We provide full fire risk assessment and health & safety risk assessment services throughout the country and can handle premises of any complexity.
Fire Risk Assessments
A fire risk assessment enables you to identify all the fire risks and hazards in your premises so that they can then be dealt with accordingly.
The risks can either be deemed acceptable, or managed appropriately, depending on the severity of the risk involved.
Amongst the points you will need to cover are:
- Control of combustibles and inflammable materials and their safe storage within the work place.
- Check Wiring and Electrical Appliances regularly for safety, correct fuses used etc.
- Clear rubbish and combustible materials from site
- Allow smoking in designated areas only
- Fire Exits – are there sufficient exits and do they lead to places of safety? Are they unlocked?
- Escape Routes must be kept clear, and free of obstructions
- Building must be properly maintained so that stairways, passageways are safe
- Signage indicating Fire Exits and Escape Routes
- Emergency Lighting for escape routes and exits, install and check regularly
- Evacuation plans to be made and drills rehearsed regularly
- Fire Wardens to be trained
- Insurers to be consulted for their advice and requirements
- Do you need an Automatic Fire Detection and Alarms system? It must be maintained and tested regularly
- When making changes to the building, ensure that the Fire Alarm or escape routes or exits are not compromised
- Is the Fire Alarm connected to an Alarm Receiving Centre for calling out the Brigade automatically (recommended)
- Are there sufficient Fire Extinguishers and Blankets on site, are they working and maintained regularly
- Are there ways of compartmentalising buildings to stop the spread of Fire throughout the building, think Fire Doors etc?
- Have you prepared an emergency plan and communicated it to all staff.